Have you heard about the Bath Flash Fiction Competition that is currently running?
Flash Fiction Award
What is flash
fiction? Read the interview with our judge Mary-Jane Holmes.
Runs three times per year, full details in the rules. In summary:
- 300 word limit.
- £1000 prize for the winner, £300 second and £100 third. Two commendations £30 each.
- 50 longlisted entrants offered publication in our end of year print and digital anthology. Those accepting receive a free copy.
- Flash Award judge, Mary-Jane Holmes, shortlists to 20 and chooses the winning, second, third, and two commended fictions.
- This Flash Fiction Award round closes Midnight GMT June 7th 2020.
- Winners will be announced by 1st July 2020 on our Winners pages.
- Enter the Flash Fiction Award here online.
Format for your Competition Entry
As with all competitions there are some rules and regulations that you need to adhere to. Please find those listed below. For more information on the rules, please visit the website.
- Maximum length is 300 words, title excluded.
- Entries should be typed in a plain legible font. A sans 14pt font is suggested.
- Entries will be read and judged anonymously so do not put your name, address, email, telephone number or any personally identifying information on any page.
- If the piece has no title, then its first five words must be used as the title.
- Acceptable file types are odt, doc, docx, txt and pdf.
- The file name must be the title of your piece, punctuation removed. If your piece does not have a title, then the file name must be its first five words, punctuation removed.
So get your pens and paper out, start writing your Flash fiction winning entry. For more information check out their website here. As of writing, 4 March 2020 they there are 13 weeks, 14 days until this competition closes.
Don’t want to take part in a competition but have a book to publish?
If you don’t want to take part in the competition and have a book you would like to get published then take a look at our author services.